Here at VIVA Training, we believe in providing the best industry training and support we can. For us that service doesn’t end at the door. We pride ourselves on continuing to offer support and access to resources far into your professional careers.

Register or Renew with the Gas Safe Register

Have you completed your Managed Learning Programme and received your ACS Certificate, what’s next?

The final step toward starting to work on gas appliances is to join the Gas Safe Register, this subscription, usually annual, means you can legally work on gas appliances. You can use the links below to register and renew your Gas Safe Card.

There are two ways to become Gas Safe, one is registering in the way stated above. The other is if you are employed under a company’s Gas Safe Umbrella where they are satisfied you meet the criteria i.e. can present them with your ACS certificate or have completed further training through that company.

Gas Safe Register is the official gas registration body of gas businesses and engineers in the United Kingdom, Isle of Man, Jersey and Guernsey. By law all gas businesses must be on the Gas Safe Register.

Gas Safe Register replaced CORGI as the only gas registration body in Great Britain and Isle of Man on 1 April 2009 and in Northern Ireland and Guernsey on 1 April 2010.

Yes, your gas safe is a renewable service, usually between 12 and 18 months. If your Gas Safe Registration lapses, you will not be legally allowed to work on Gas appliances.

This is up to the company employing you. If they are Gas Safe registered/have at least one Gas Safe Registered Engineer you can come under their Gas Safe Umbrella.

For more information on Gas Safe you can visit the Gas Safe Register website:

REFCOM & Buying Refrigerant

In the UK, Refrigerants are a highly regulated substance. In order to buy refrigerant gases you will need to register with REFCOM.

The digital certificate provided by completing our F-Gas course is the document required to register with REFCOM.

You can apply to and search the F-gas Register here:

Buying refrigerant can be required when refilling/servicing refrigeration units like Air Con systems.

The most common types of refrigerant F-gas engineers will need to purchase are: R32, R410A, R22.

VIVA Training career support

Just qualified. What’s next?

We want to make sure when you leave you have the most support possible. If you want to discuss your options, business plans, or want access to further helpful resources, get in touch.

Our popular Training Courses.