Your basket is currently empty!
New entrants route to Gas Safe Registration
Our Managed Learning Programme (MLP) offers a route to becoming Gas Safe Registered for new entrants and trades people with transferable skills. We will carry out a short, informal assessment before you start to determine your suitability for this programme.
You do not need any previous gas experience to undertake this training.
Book on one of our Open Days
Call us on
Book our Fast Track Gas Training Course course today
Fast track gas training course details
The new entrants gas course combines classroom and practical learning, along with the completion of a portfolio on live installations. The length of time it takes to complete the programme very much depends on previous experience and your ability to stick to the training plan. We will do everything we can to make sure that you have all of the necessary support and guidance needed to gain the qualifications.
Training is broken down into manageable chunks and delivered by ex-British Gas Engineers, covering the following areas:
- Introduction to plumbing, gas and heating theory and principles
- Health and Safety including safe use of tools, asbestos, legionella awareness, manual handling and fire safety precautions
- Pipework installation and practical skills
- Gas legislation, Building Regulations and British Standards
- Industry unsafe situations procedures
- Tightness testing of domestic natural gas installations
- Measuring and interpretation of gas pressures and the calculation of heat inputs
- Gas appliance functions and the operation of gas safety controls
- Principles of flueing, chimneys and combustion
- Safe isolation of electrical installations
- ACS refresher training and assessment for Core Domestic Gas Safety (CCN1) and Gas fired boilers and water heaters (CENWAT)
What is a portfolio?
Your portfolio forms a very important part of your certification. It involves gathering evidence of installation, repair, and servicing work in real environments under the supervision of a Gas Safe registered engineer.
Don’t worry if you haven’t got a suitable placement, we can support you with this!
How long will the fast track training course take?
This fast track training course usually takes around 26 weeks, with your time split between the centre and on-site placement:
- 7 weeks in the centre (Monday – Friday)
- Portfolio Training on-site placement alongside a gas engineer
- Final theory & practical exams
Usual hours are 8:30 am – 4 pm
Paying by deposit
A £500 deposit is required to secure your place on the course. The remaining balance will be split into two equal payments. The first due 3 weeks before commencement of the course, the second, 3 weeks after the course start date.
A look around the course, with Allen Hart
You may recognise Allen from YouTube. His channel has over 80K subscribers with his videos generating thousands of views. Allen often shoots videos with us here at Viva Training, below is his tour of the fast track gas course with Viva’s Richard Firth.
Make an Enquiry
"*" indicates required fields