Your basket is currently empty!
Viva Training delivers F Gas Category 1 certification, which covers the four main F Gas Categories.
Refrigeration, air conditioning and heat pump (RACHP) engineers need to complete F-Gas certification in four different categories, depending on the type of activity being carried out, the appliances they need to work on and the level their working too.
Call us on
Book our F-Gas – Category 1 Certification course today
F-Gas category 1 certification details
F Gas certification is a necessary requirement for Refrigeration, air conditioning and heat pump (RACHP) engineers who work with Fluorinated Gases. F Gases cause global warming with the most harmful (those with a high Global Warming Potential (GWP)) are in the process of being phased out as part of the F Gas regulations.
F Gas certification must be renewed every five years.
What does F Gas Category 1 cover?
Category 1 (Level 3): Installation, maintenance, service, recovery, decommissioning and leakage checking of refrigerant systems of any size, plus Categories 2 – 4.
Category 2 (Level 3): Installation, maintenance, service, recovery, decommissioning and leakage checking of refrigerant systems with a charge of less than 3kg (6kg if hermetically sealed).
Category 3 (Level 2): Refrigerant recovery from systems that contain less than 3kg of F-Gas.
Category 4 (Level 2): Checking for leaks and identifying leakage risk in refrigerant systems, including air conditioning units and heat pumps.
F Gas engineers will learn:
- Hazards and safe working practices
- The storage and transportation of recovered refrigerants
- The cause and effects of global warming, climate change and ozone depletion
- The recovery of refrigerant and oil in preparation for disposal
- Identification of components to air conditioning units and heat pumps
- Construction and examination of pipework, pressure testing, evacuation and completion of records
- The fabrication and fitting of mechanical brazed joints
- The installation, commissioning, servicing and repairs of refrigeration systems and heat pumps
Industry-leading F Gas training
We’re approved by Worcester Bosch to deliver training to its F Gas installers.
Make an Enquiry
"*" indicates required fields